Friday, July 27, 2012

Patchwork Trail

patchwork.ladder

There is getting to be quite of few of these.  Quilts. As I rethink my living room based on recent interior mishaps (I didn't even include in that rundown the hole we put in the ceiling while traipsing around in the attic during my creative bug shoot-long story) I can't help but want carve out a more intended space for some of my patchwork keepsakes.  This ladder has lived either in the downstairs studio or in the living room, entirely dependent on my mood and what I had for breakfast, for the past couple of years. We tend to like it in the studio though.  It's a nice retrieval spot for sending quilts back and forth to trade shows, trunk shows and the like.  So in the living room, I'm thinking.  Thinking.  And looking.  Any lovely interior quilt displays you care to share?  I imagine this will involve power tools which has me very keen.

feathers

Sometimes I get to accompany the quilts where they go.  They're generous like that.  Next week, many of these patchies and I will be headed to Colorado!  I can't wait!  I have a packed schedule of visits and workshops at some lovely shops & a guild too.  Here's the rundown if you're in the area and want to sew with me or ask me what toothpaste I use:

::Friday, August 3rd, I'll be at Crafty Laine in Historic downtown Monument for a visit @ 1:00pm
::Friday, August 3rd, I'll be speaking & visiting with the Front Range Modern Quilt Guild also in Monument @ 6:00pm
::Saturday, August 4th, I'll be making Multi-Tasker Totes with the FR Modern Quilt Guild, @ 9:00am
::Saturday, August 4th, I'll be meeting & greeting my friends at Fancy Tiger in Denver @7:00pm 
::Sunday, August 5th, I'll be teaching back to back workshops for the new Feather Bed Quilt (that's right!) and the Multi-Tasker Tote beginning @ 9:00am & @ 1:00pm respectively
::Monday I will collapse in my bed back at home and my mind will be spinning with new conversations and inspirations from my trip.  But you don't have to come to that.
 
I would love to see you, and hear about what's sewin' down with you in CO.  I'm excited!  That Feather Bed Quilt pattern is just about set to pop here, so hopefully I can send the pdf out as a postcard to you from my trip next week.  Good weekend friends, xo, AM

21 comments:

  1. Busy girl! Have a great trip. I loved Denver when I visited last year. Be sure to eat dinner at Root Down and get some Little Man Ice Cream for dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growing up, my aunt purchased a simple wooden curtain rod with some cute finials. Then she wrapped a small portion of the top of the quilt over and somehow clipped it to stay on the curtain rod and hung it against one of the walls in her dining room. I always loved to look at it. The antique ladder is my favorite way though :) Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta say, I am partial to the ladder.
    I also love seeing a wide, deep shelf filled with quilts... stacked together, they are like beautiful story books, waiting to be opened, read, loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I used to go there all the time when we lived in CO. Any chance you'll come to London for the weekend??

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a schedule! I am learning to quilt and so excited about the feather quilt! Safe travels...Also, is the Nashville workshop closed/waiting list? cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going to be so busy. I love your quilt ladder!!! Its perfect. And I love seeing that top one. I'm thrilled for the release of the Feather Bed Quilt! Have fun, and please enjoy every second! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post title caught me eye - that's the name of my Etsy shop! Well, it's Patchwork Trails, but close enough. I love it!

    We don't have an interesting way to display quilts, other than on the arms of the couches and chairs. I like the look of the ladder.

    Enjoy all your wonderful travels! Would love to take one of those classes, if I lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lovely ana-white.com has a plan on their for a modern quilt rack: http://ana-white.com/2011/01/modern-quilt-rack.html
    I haven't made it because I don't have a good spot for it but I've had my eye on it for a couple years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to shop at Textile, but Fancy Tiger is my place now. :) I'm not big into sewing, but I love having a great local place to go to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bridget6:55 PM

    AH! I live in Colorado and cannot wait for this upcoming weekend! Welcome!! So excited to have you here!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wished I lived in Colorado, love that quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ladder for me too, so adore it...although it is typically hidden in a corner of my livingroom...now you have me thinking of moving it :) have fun in CO!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the ladder ~ great way to display all of those lovely quilts.
    Are you ever coming to Portland, Oregon? It would be wonderful if you did!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! How great that you will be in CO AND at Fancy Tiger on 8/4! I had already planned on a trip to Fancy Tiger on that day - how awesomely cool that you did too! Can't wait to say Hi and see all your beautiful stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remember seeing a glass coffetable in a magazine once used to display a stack of quilts - it was like a chest with sides and top made of glass - something like this: http://adventurewoodworking.com/2010/02/glass-case-coffee-table/ but with a more elegant finish to the wood.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been looking forward to that quilt tutorial! It looks so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a member of the Front Range Modern Quilt Guild, and I will see you Friday and Saturday in Monument! We're so excited that you are coming to see us in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great posts

    Excellent Patchwork Trail snaps

    This is really great to see a unique way to keep your clothes in tandem

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for coming to visit us in Colorado! I hope you had even half as good a time as I did. I just finished my bag today and LOVE it! The construction is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just wondering if I missed the post on the tutorial for the feathers?

    ReplyDelete