Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Coupla things & Happy Thanksgiving!
Its gonna be a short work week & I wanted to stop in first and share a few things, and if you're on the mailing list, sorry for the overlap in info, suffer through it or click through pilgrim!
* First and most important, I fully intend to wear one of two things over the next several days : an apron : or : a pile of yarn- under which I will be making things I don't need and maybe a few gifts for people who don't need things either.
* I have a new collection of aprons and dishtowels in the shop and I am super excited to say that included in this group are some fun little girl aprons~My girls are always tying my half aprons up to their underarms, so they are giddy with anticipatory-holiday-baking excitement over these!
* Overwhelmed with thankfulness for all that we have, I know I'm not the only one who'd like to spread a little love around at this time of year. And without a doubt there are more families in need these days than ever. We will be donating a portion of all of our kitchen linen sales for the rest of 2009 to help feed hungry families in our area. So this a simple way for you to shop for yourself or to gift a loved one, and help us with a worthy cause.
* My Folksy Flannel collection is here, there and everywhere!
* Be sure and check back in next week for a giveaway and more about the fuzzi-luvi properties of these fabrics. I've been sewing a bit with them for the family and want to share.
In other news:
* Roman just turned six months old and I have given up on the floor quilt thing most days because he seems to find his way off of it before I am back to my chair. For a while the quilts that we put down got bigger and bigger, but now I am realizing that I am just going to have to sweep the floors more.
* Isabela has resolved to keeping her hair long instead of cutting it short because she says its good for thinking. When I asked her to clarify, she said you know when you're taking a math test and you have to run your fingers through your hair to figure out a hard problem. Of course.
* Salt dough is fun. The little girls and I made some a few days ago. I think the dough is smoother and easier to knead if you use a recipe with vegetable oil. (Though could this be why it isn't drying very well? Prolly.)
* I want to paint the dining room white.
* Well, creamy-whitish.
* I'm thinking I should not try to do that before Thanksgiving.
* Though I do think a roasted turkey would look so pretty surrounded by creamy-white walls.
* Roasted turkey fingerprints on creamy-white walls would be less pretty.
* I like asterisk-style-writing.
* Less pressure to make sense.
* HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
xoxoxox, Anna & family