Thursday, May 07, 2009

A few sunny things here in Nashville

alabama.chanin.show.1

Many of you are familiar with Natalie "Alabama" Chanin because of her lovely book. Today, I'm excited to let Nashvillians and those in the nearby know that she'll be in town today and tomorrow trunk-showing her Fall/Winter 2009 clothing collection, "Songbirds", at Studio Berry Hill.

alabama.chanin.show.2

From the invite:

"The Alabama Chanin Fall/Winter 2009 Collection has been inspired by what we call "The Songbirds." They include women like Emmylou Harris, Patty Griffin, Allison Moorer, Abigail Washburn, Allison Krauss, The Be Good Tonyas, Elizabeth Cook, Shonna Tucker of The Drive-By Truckers and many, many others."

Thursday & Friday, May 7 & 8, 10am-6pm
Studio Berry Hill
2923 Berry Hill Drive, Nashville, TN 37204

Provided I'm not in labor, I intend to waddle in that general direction sometime today or tomorrow to say hello and maybe pick up some goodies. So excited.

miss-direction-duy-huynh

Another favorite. Duy Huynh. My dear friend Meg at Art & Invention first introduced me to his stunning work a few years ago, and I have since been lucky enough to meet Duy, his lovely girlfriend Sandy and watch them spread their wings into more art, and the opening of their own gallery in Charlotte. I am so happy to own one of his pieces (which I would photograph for you if I could move) and even happier watch all the new works that float from his eloquent imagination to gallery walls worldwide.

Though the opening was last week, Duy's works will be showing at Art & Invention through June 14th.

So there ya are.

I often get asked about places to go and things to do here in wonderful Nashville, Tennessee, and will try to make a point of sharing my favorites more often. Who knows, maybe one of these days I'll even start tagging my posts and keeping track by category so you can actually find things when you come here. Sigh. Oh, huge kick! This baby wants out.

xo, AM

24 comments:

  1. Exciting! To bad I´m far, far away from Nashville (I´m in Sweden)..
    Good luck with the childbirth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these little glimpses. I have never been to Nashville and considerably north of you - not as far north as Anna though.

    Pax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh... you made me recall that lovely and delusional last phase of pregnancy when I would think *time for the baby to be born so I can get some rest!* I couldn't get much done, but think of all I wanted to accomplish. Well, you certainly manage to get a lot done and I do appreciate the peeks and bits, the news and ideas.
    Best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might have to go check it out! Sounds like fun.

    Also, I just peeked my head out the door and I saw *gasp* the sun and blue skies popping through the clouds!! Are you seeing it too?

    Inksomnia

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank goodness for the sun this afternoon! I needed a big dose of vitamin d!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Duy's works may be showing through June 14th and you showing only for a few more days, but you're as grand an artist in my book. Your next best work is soon to present... can't wait. May delivery be smooth and joyous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so wish I was closer! What fun! I hope that baby stays in so you can go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! That skirt is positively yummy, isn't it? And I love the painting... I think we share the same artistic bent, given that you are also a Kershisnik fan. Stay home, put your feet up, and gestate. Growing babies takes a lot out of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Margaret8:55 AM

    OH! I live in Charlotte, I had no idea they opened a gallery here. I am so excited!! I will have to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like so much fun! ...the opposite of labor I guess.

    Love your new line. It's so soft too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jessie Messerschmitt6:07 PM

    I was so glad to find your blog recently, which I have been reading. Belated congratulations on your upcoming edition. After today's post I feel like I've gotten a bonus by finding Duy Huynh's art as well. It's so beautiful and whimsical and I love it. I hope I get to see it in person someday. Thank you for sharing this. I look forward to reading the Lark & Key blog as well. Thank you also for continuing to share your work and life - it's very inspiring! Have fun at A&I!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy Mother's Day!

    xoxo,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just received the Alabama Stitch book a few days ago when our power was outted by a storm! The book is so inspirational, and the projects don't even require electricity! Such sweet projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. resource4:20 AM

    I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. Please come visit my site Florida when you got time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. State of Georgia4:21 AM

    You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbee and your success is very much an inspiration for me. Please come visit my site Georgia when you got time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.Any way Ill be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow great i have read many articles about this topic and everytime i learn something new i dont think it will ever stop always new info , Thanks for all of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for this post. A combination of advice that I've heard before but always bears repeating; plus new tips that I really ought to consider

    ReplyDelete