Friday, March 13, 2009

The past few & the next few

I've had some really lovely days here, despite how the week started. (Thanks for all your well-wishes, the foot and I are currently without further incident.) So many early mornings here start just like above. I try to get on the computer and plot out my day before most of the little people are awake. This one eventually stumbles in and transitions from asleep to awake just like that. One of the new studio features is the extremely cozy armchair+blanket+pillows situated in front of the drawing table. I think here is where I would typically say new pictures of the studio coming soon, but I'll skip saying that and then maybe they'll just happen on their own. But, seriously, soon.


I got the best phone call ever on Monday while I was in said waiting room. A call from my mom to see if I wanted some company for a few days. I think I said DUH. And then life just got great. (and it was going along fine before.) Someone to crochet and knit with, lunch with, shop with, pontificate on the size/shape of my belly without boredom with, and so on. There are so many someones here that are willing to do some of those things some of the time. But not someone who will do nothing but that with me all the time. Joy. And perhaps the best part of it all is how much I slow down and put work aside a bit when she visits. Thanks Mom.

Bela also got her first knitting lesson.


And has had several proud moments since. I love those teeth.


As for the next few days, the mom-withdrawal period, I have some sit-still plans of my own. My favorite local fabric shop is also now my favorite local yarn shop. Mom and I promptly went for a visit upon hearing this wonderful news and came up with an excuse to purchase a few piles of cotton. Aren't they so pretty?

As for my not so sit still plans, all the kids are home for Spring Break, I have a book signing tomorrow here (from 10-12 ~ come see me if you're around!), having tons more kids over for dinner and playtime on Sunday night, and more laundry and cleaning than I care to talk about.

N'case ya wanted to know. Enjoy your weekend! xoxo, Anna Maria


  1. Oooo lovely stuff. When you post pictures of lovely fabric or textile related goodies my heart starts to race haha! I love new skeins of yarn or piles of fabric I almost can't start them as they look so nice just 'being'.

  2. Well I'm totally bummed that I don't live in Nashville anymore. Wanna come to NC and sign some books? Enjoy Spring Break!

  3. Cute post.
    What was the original use of the ceramic doll that holds pens on the first picture?

  4. How special is the visit of our mother to our home!! :)


  5. There is so much about this post that I LOVE. #1: the transition time between sleep and awake for children. This is my all time favorite period of the day with my daughter! #2: Your Mom. She's gorgeous, she's got style, and she's teaching her grandaughter how to knit! #3 Your daughter learning to knit #4 Those skeins of cotton! Okay, I could go on and on, but needless to say, I feel full of inspiration and love just looking at your pictures!

  6. Truly precious moments!

  7. I love that Greek yarn! I knit the shawl in the link below out of the white yarn, since that is what the pattern called for. Must get more of it now - thanks for the temptation, I mean, reminder of my obvious need for it!

    I've tried learning Greek from books and tapes at home as well (Greece is the only place I haven't yet been that I really want to see, and the NT is written in Koine Greek) - so I saved the yarn bands just for inspiration too. Yet another reason to buy more yarn!

    You have a great weekend too, with very few scowls at yer knittin'! (I make Bela's face at my own knitting sometimes too - just to keep it in line.)

  8. My mama came for a visit last month and it was heaven. I also love that I HAVE to slow down when she is here.
    I love the fierce concentration on Bella's face. So determined.

  9. How wonderful to have such a relationship with your mom, and to be so devoted to building a similar one with your daughter. It's beautiful to see the multigenerational effect show up in things as simple as, say, those photos.

  10. How precious.

    I don't have a Mum any more and I miss that joy you speak of....and I don't know my grandchildren so it is wonderful to see your Mum passing on her skill.

    How very precious.

  11. I love your posts! I have been eagerly awaiting the quilt pattern you talked about a little while ago. Any chance it will surface soon? :)

  12. Hi Anna Maria--

    I went to your mom's blog (I check in there frequently) and found out she was with you...then I popped on over here to see your mom doing what she does best...knitting and loving on her grands. :o) Enjoy your visit with your sweet Mom. That picture of your mother knitting with your daughter should be framed. It is priceless and melted my heart.

    I noticed your mom posted a picture a few weeks back of a baby blanket she is working on. This blanket was a "certain color" (if you kwim!), and I got SO excited!!!! Can't wait to see pics of a new baby wrapped in this "certain color" blankie. Not sure if your bloggers know, but I just need you to know how very happy I am for you!



  13. "Butterfly, the immortal yarn".Your secret is out with us. All we lack is the talent, lol!
    Enjoy the weekend!

  14. Awe... I love the photo of your daughter sleeping in the chair. I never have time in the morning for moments like that. Very sweet!

  15. Christi5:37 PM

    I think I speak for most of us when I say that we, too, never get tired of hearing about your belly (and wouldn't mind seeing a picture or two!). I'm just saying...

  16. I no longer have my mom with me and how I miss those times, also my granddaughter is so far away but I do get to see her at least twice a week on our webcam so I thank those wonderful people for that invention. Have a great weekend.

  17. Sounds simply wonderful! You are truly blessed to have such a special relationship with your mom...just beautiful!

  18. Marcia9:37 PM

    I love this post- so warm and cozy!
    my kids are not little any more- 3 at home and 2 away a college- I realized how fast it all flew by- those baby and toddler years.
    Enjoy it all!

  19. Sounds so fantastic!!

  20. I read the best quote the other day which goes well with this post I think. It said:

    "When love is gone, there's always justice.
    And when justice is gone, there's always force.
    And when force is gone, there's always Mom.
    Hi, Mom!"
    - Laurie Anderson

    Love your blog. Have a beautiful week!


  21. There is just something about your pictures that bring me to my happy place. LOL! I love seeing Bella (that is my oldest daughter's nickname) being so excited to be learning to knit.

  22. That top photo is just so beautiful!

  23. I used to wake up like that and go in to be with my mum as she got ready for the day. Precious times.

    Cherry x

  24. I sure wish I could drop by for the book signing... Hope you have a lovely spring break all together! I love seeing children learning to knit!

  25. Moms are just what we need to slow down a bit. Sounds like you had a fun time with her. Glad to hear your foot is healing. No more barefootness over there! Got it????

  26. Your story just about made me cry. I hope you find the dress. I also must say...Wow, your mom is gorgeous!

  27. The picture of your daughter and mother is just beautiful. What a wonderful keepsake. I always enjoy your blog.

  28. that first's gorgeous.
    the colors and the sleeping and the fabrics.

  29. Anonymous5:55 AM

    仓储货架|仓库货架|托盘|仓储笼 仓储货架|仓库货架|托盘|仓储笼 仓储货架|仓库货架|托盘|仓储笼 仓储货架|仓库货架|托盘|仓储笼 轻型仓储货架|轻量型仓库货架|库房货架 货架厂|货架公司|南京货架 中量型仓储货架|中量A型仓库货架|库房货架 货架厂|货架公司|南京货架 中量型仓储货架|中量B型仓库货架|库房货架 货架厂|货架公司|南京货架 横梁式仓库货架|重型仓储货架|货位式库房货架 货架厂|货架公司|南京货架 模具货架|抽屉式仓库货架|仓储货架|库房货架 货架厂|货架公司|南京货架 贯通式仓储货架|通廊式仓库货架|驶入式库房货架 货架厂|货架公司|南京货架 悬臂式仓储货架|仓库货架|库房货架 货架厂|货架公司|南京货架 阁楼式仓储货架|仓库货架|库房货架|钢平台 货架厂|货架公司|南京货架 流利式仓储货架|仓库货架|库房货架|辊轮式货架|自滑式货架 货架厂|货架公司|南京货架 工作台|工作桌 工具柜|工具车 托盘|塑料托盘|钢托盘|铁托盘|钢制托盘 仓储笼|仓库笼|折叠式仓储笼|蝴蝶笼 周转箱|塑料周转箱 静音手推车|铁板手推车|购物手推车|登高车 手动液压托盘搬运车|不锈钢搬运车|电子秤搬运车 高起升搬运车|电动搬运车|平台车 手动液压堆高车|手动液压堆垛车|半电动堆垛车 全电动堆垛车|油桶搬运车|圆桶搬运车|油桶装卸车| 柴油内燃平衡重式叉车|电动平衡重式叉车 液压升降机|剪叉式高空作业平台|固定式蹬车桥 文件柜 不锈钢制品 零件盒|零件柜 折叠式仓储笼|仓库笼 钢托盘 钢制料箱 堆垛架 物流台车 手推车 钢托盘 折叠式仓储笼|仓库笼 折叠式仓储笼|仓库笼 钢托盘|钢制托盘|铁托盘|金属托盘|镀锌托盘 堆垛架|巧固架 钢制料箱 物流台车|载物台车 手推车|静音手推车 手推车|静音手推车 仓储笼|钢托盘|钢制料箱|堆垛架|物流台车|手推车 仓储笼|钢托盘 仓储笼 仓库货架|中量A型货架 仓储货架|中量B型货架 库房货架|横梁式货架 塑料托盘|栈板 钢托盘|钢制托盘 折叠式仓储笼|仓库笼 仓储笼|仓库笼|折叠式仓储笼 托盘|钢托盘 托盘|塑料托盘 周转箱|塑料周转箱 托盘|纸托盘 料箱|钢制料箱 工具柜|工具车|抽屉柜 工作台|工作桌 刀具柜|刀具车|刀具架 手动液压托盘搬运车|电动托盘搬运车 手动液压堆高车|手动叉车 仓储笼 仓库笼 南京仓储笼 常州仓储笼 无锡仓储笼 苏州仓储笼 徐州仓储笼 南通仓储笼 镇江仓储笼 连云港仓储笼 泰州仓储笼 扬州仓储笼 盐城仓储笼 淮安仓储笼 宿迁仓储笼 轻量型货架|角钢货架 中量A型货架 中量B型货架 货位式货架 横梁式货架 阁楼式货架|钢平台 悬臂式货架 贯通式货架|通廊式货架|驶入式货架 辊轮式货架|流利条货架 压入式货架 移动式货架|密集架 模具货架 抽屉式货架 汽车4S店货架 汽配库货架 自动化立体仓库货架 托盘|钢托盘|钢制托盘 托盘|塑料托盘 托盘|塑料托盘 托盘|塑料托盘 仓储笼|仓库笼|折叠式仓储笼 手推车|铁板手推车 手推车|静音手推车 置物架|工业置物架|家用置物架 堆垛架|巧固架 挂板架|物料整理架 登高车 物流台车|载物台车 料箱|钢制料箱 搬运车|手动液压托盘搬运车|电动托盘搬运车 堆高机|堆垛机|手动堆高机|电动堆高机 叉车|电动叉车|内燃叉车|叉车厂 货架 货架 仓储货架 仓储货架 仓库货架 仓库货架 货架厂 货架厂 货架公司 货架公司 托盘 钢托盘 铁托盘 钢制托盘 塑料托盘 仓储笼 仓库笼 折叠式仓储笼 折叠仓储笼 仓储货架|仓库货架|库房货架 南京货架|横梁式货架|中型货架 钢托盘|塑料托盘|纸托盘 仓储笼|仓库笼|折叠式仓储笼 钢制料箱|工具柜|工作台 手动液压托盘搬运车|手动液压堆高车 仓库货架|中量A型货架> 仓储货架|横梁式货架|货位式货架 托盘|塑料托盘|钢制托盘|纸托盘 仓储笼|仓库笼|折叠式仓储笼|蝴蝶笼|储物笼 手动液压托盘搬运车|手动液压堆高车 仓库货架|中量A型货架 仓储货架|横梁式货架|货位式货架 托盘|塑料托盘|钢制托盘|纸托盘 仓储笼|折叠式仓储笼|仓库笼|蝴蝶笼|储物笼 手动液压托盘搬运车|手动液压堆高车 仓储货架|仓库货架|库房货架 南京货架|中型货架|横梁式货架 钢托盘|钢制托盘|塑料托盘|纸托盘 仓储笼|仓库笼|折叠式仓储笼 钢制料箱|工具柜|工作台 手动液压托盘搬运车|手动液压堆高车 仓库货架|中量A型货架 仓储货架|中量B型货架 库房货架|横梁式货架|货位式货架 钢托盘|钢制托盘|铁托盘|栈板 托盘|塑料托盘|栈板 纸托盘|栈板 仓储笼|仓库笼|折叠式仓储笼|蝴蝶笼|储物笼 钢制料箱|钢制周转箱|网格式料箱 搬运车|手动液压托盘搬运车|电动托盘搬运车 仓库货架|中量A型货架 仓储货架|中量B型货架 库房货架|横梁式货架|货位式货架 钢托盘|钢制托盘|铁托盘|栈板 塑料托盘|塑料栈板 纸托盘|栈板 仓储笼|仓库笼|折叠式仓储笼|蝴蝶笼|储物笼 钢制料箱|钢质周转箱|网格式料箱 手动液压托盘搬运车|液压搬运车 仓储货架|>仓库货架|库房货架 南京货架|中型货架|横梁式货架 钢托盘|钢制托盘|塑料托盘|纸托盘 仓储笼|仓库笼|折叠式仓储笼 钢制料箱|工具柜|工作台 手动液压托盘搬运车|手动液压堆高车 仓库货架|中量A型货架 仓储货架|中量B型货架 库房货架|横梁式货架|货位式货架 钢托盘|钢制托盘|铁托盘|栈板 塑料托盘|塑料栈板 纸托盘|栈板 仓储笼|仓库笼|折叠式仓储笼|蝴蝶笼|储物笼 钢制料箱|钢质周转箱|网格式料箱 手动液压托盘搬运车|托盘搬运车 货架|仓储货架|仓库货架|库房货架 南京货架|上海货架|北京货架 轻型货架|中型货架|搁板式货架 重型货架|横梁式货架|托盘式货架 托盘|木托盘|纸托盘|木塑托盘 托盘|钢托盘|塑料托盘|钢制托盘 仓储笼|仓库笼|折叠式仓储笼 手推车|静音手推车|铁板手推车 物料架|整理架|挂板架 料箱|钢制料箱|钢制周转箱|网格式料箱 手动液压托盘搬运车|电动托盘搬运车 手动液压堆高车|半电动堆高车|手动叉车 塑料周转箱|物流箱|塑料化工桶|塑料卡板箱 工具柜|上海工具柜|南京工具柜|抽屉柜 工作台|工作桌|南京工作台|上海工作台 刀具车|刀具柜|刀具架|刀具座 货架 货架厂 货架公司 仓储货架 仓库货架 库房货架 南京货架 上海货架 托盘 钢托盘 钢制托盘 货架|轻量型货架|角钢货架 货架|中量型货架|次重型货架 货位式货架|横梁式货架|重量型货架 仓储货架|阁楼式货架|钢平台 仓储货架|悬臂式货架 仓储货架|贯通式货架|通廊式货架|驶入式货架 仓库货架|库房货架|抽屉式货架|模具货架 仓库货架|库房货架|汽车4S店货架|汽配库货架 货架厂|货架公司|南京货架|上海货架|无锡货架|苏州货架 货架厂|货架公司|北京货架|天津货架|沈阳货架|大连货架 货架厂|货架公司|广州货架|深圳货架|杭州货架 托盘|钢托盘|钢制托盘 托盘|塑料托盘 仓储笼|仓库笼|折叠式仓储笼 置物架|多功能置物架|卫浴置物架 料箱|钢制料箱|钢制周转箱 手动液压托盘搬运车|不锈钢托盘搬运车|电动托盘搬运车 手动液压堆高车|半电动堆高车|电动堆高车|堆垛车 货架 仓储货架 仓库货架 货架厂 货架公司 托盘 钢托盘 铁托盘 钢制托盘 塑料托盘 仓储笼 仓库笼 折叠式仓储笼 折叠仓储笼 货架 货架 货架 仓储货架 仓储货架 仓储货架 仓库货架 仓库货架 货架厂 货架厂 货架公司 货架公司 托盘 钢托盘 铁托盘 钢制托盘 塑料托盘 仓储笼 仓库笼 折叠式仓储笼 货架 货架 货架 仓储货架 仓储货架 仓储货架 仓库货架 仓库货架 仓库货架 货架厂 货架厂 货架厂 货架公司 货架公司 货架公司 托盘 钢托盘 铁托盘 钢制托盘 塑料托盘 仓储笼 仓库笼 折叠式仓储笼 折叠仓储笼 托盘 塑料托盘 钢托盘 钢制托盘 铁托盘 货架厂 仓储笼 仓库笼 折叠式仓储笼 折叠仓储笼 南京货架 货架公司 货架厂 仓库货架 仓储货架 货架 货架

  30. Oh I remember learning when I was younger. Hopefully my six year old likes sewing also. She is a great at stitching in the ditch but gets bored after awhile. It is better the nothing!!! Love reading your blog!

  31. Hello mate, I want to thank you for this nice blog. Would you mind telling me some secrets for a succesful blog ? Which could attract some visitors than it normally does. Please come visit my site Adoption Agencies Directory when you got time

  32. Anonymous6:36 AM

    Yves Saint Laurent nappa leather boots-blue soleYves Saint Laurent nappa leather boots-blue sole
    Yves Saint Laurent Tribtoo leather bootsYves Saint Laurent Tribtoo leather boots
    Yves Saint Laurent Tribute Black Patent Short BootsYves Saint Laurent Tribute Black Patent Short Boots
    Alexander Wang Anouck Beatle BootAlexander Wang Anouck Beatle Boot
    Alexander Wang Sigrid Tall BootsAlexander Wang Sigrid Tall Boots
    Alexander Wang Kori Off the Chain BootAlexander Wang Kori Off the Chain Boot
    Christian Louboutin Alta Bouton Ankle BootsChristian Louboutin Alta Bouton Ankle Boots
    Christian Louboutin Alta Bouton Flannel Ankle BootsChristian Louboutin Alta Bouton Flannel Ankle Boots
    Christian Louboutin Ariella studded bootsChristian Louboutin Ariella studded boots