Friday, June 20, 2008

Migration

Quilt.Kit.Photo

These little birdies found their way onto Juliana's bed. If any room is a drawing room in this house, it is her's. In the most literal way. (She has forgone a bulletin board of any sort and just tacked her random renderings right into almost every inch of one 14ft. wall.)

I meant to mention the finished size of this quilt in my post the first time and never did. If you make the quilt top, add a roughly 2.5" sashing all around plus binding as the quilt is shown, you'll end up at about 69 x 84". Which covers a double matress pretty well, though, not completely over the L & R sides. Would def. reach the box spring on a twin bed. I have also gotten lots of emails requesting a fabric kit for the quilt pattern. I think that's a fab-y idea! So we're working on it. In fact I thought it would be fun to also kit up an Eccentric version too. The sample one shown is more of a Nostalgic mix with just a dash of the hotter red. Hope to have it in the shop next week. The kits will be made as they're ordered, so they'll take a bit longer than the other usually swift to take flight items.

Hey! It is officially summer today, no? Tomorrow?

Sending you sunshine, xoxo, Anna

22 comments:

  1. ooh, a kit is sooo brillant! Can not wait! I just picked up my ivory sketchbook from purl, it is even better in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been summer here for at least a month or more...

    Would you come teach me to sew????? (and invent enough time for me to fit it in...?)

    Beej

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the kit is a fab idea, especially for the nouveau quilters like me. I'm going to BEG my mother in law to help me out. Come soon, please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. That is simply divine. I'm new to quilting so I'd love a quilt kit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fitting that one of the quilts you made and that you actually still have possession of, has made its way onto Juliana's bed.

    The kits are a fabulous idea and hope they sell like hotcakes for you!

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the kit idea. I am a beginner at quilts so I'm hoping that your lovely book (seams to me ) may have some inspiration in this department? maybe?- susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm saving for that quilt kit right now....hope it is on the site soon....counting my dimes as I type...just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You are brilliant. I will be making my purchse as soon as it is available.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just have to say, "I absolutely love your stuff!). I'm a little embarrassed to also say that I haven't actually seen, felt it, touch it...but I can't wait. I live pretty rural and feel a bit sheltered but thanks to "blogland" I still feel connected. I especially love your site.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know, this is a brilliant idea, as it is taking me FOREVER to cut out my quilt pieces and having everything all together saves so much time! I know a teenager here who is just like Juliana... she's going to art school this fall! I love to hear stories about young creative people and supportive parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous quilt! I love the wild array of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so adore these fabrics. I've just ordered my first lot of it, and I can't wait until it arrives. I plan to decorate my new studio in Drawing Room fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Summer :o) Beautiful quilt, too. Hope you're having a great weekend!
    xox,
    Linnea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Roxanne Lasky7:49 AM

    We met in San Antonio. You were in the Presidio Room asking us how to pronounce "Hihira." I didn't realize who you were then, but am very excited to have met you. You were very relaxed during the interview. Later, when I came up to another class, you were outside, I wished you weren't so busy chatting, and I had to get to class. It was fun anyway.
    Regards,
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. julie9:07 AM

    quelle bonne idée (what's a great idea)!! j'aime beaucoup the eccentric version. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. www.potsandpins.com1:19 PM

    I found you again! I'm so happy! I love your blog, love your quilts and your use of color - now I've got you bookmarked so I can come back again soon! Nan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Terriaw6:04 PM

    Oh how I love this quilt! I would definitely order a kit, so thank you for offering that. Sweet dreams for Juliana! PS - I love her art too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yes! I am so happy you're going to kit this quilt! And I'm anxious to see the 2 versions. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I look forward to the reveal of the quilter's kit. That is certainly the answer to a mom's very busy summer. Thanks for all you do.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete