Friday, January 25, 2008

Advice from His Majesty


If you've been waiting around like me for some attention, my advice is to just curl up in a sunny spot and take a nap. She's been in there day and night all week with her face in front of those bright things and incessantly tapping away with that irritating noise. (To think my little episodes of self-cleaning annoy her.) She did run out of the house the other night with everyone but me to someplace, and they all came home smelling like feet. I was able to get a few good licks of frosting from the little one's fingers. (that one never washes her hands and drops food easily. I try to stay close to her at meal time.) When they got back the loud one tore through a bunch of things throwing paper all over the place and making happy yelling noises. Seems like whenever they do this, they do it over and over again.

Speaking of noises, you should have heard the one big operatic yell come from the studio a few minutes ago. She made some weird noise of triumph, like something is done with then jumped in the shower. (Its about time considering she's been wearing the same pajamas for 3 days now.) She smells really fruity now which usually means she's about to leave me for a few hours.


So, like I said, just get comfortable and I'm sure she'll be back here tapping away up on the table soon. Be glad she never sticks that annoying black thing in your face when you're trying to get a nap. Humans.

Love, King Leo the Yellow Lab


  1. Thank you for making me laugh today! So funny.

  2. AWWWWW, it's ok King Leo!! Thanks for making me smile! Cute!

  3. Very funny!!!!!! I needed a good laugh :)Thanks

  4. King Leo looks like Sherman's long lost brother.

  5. Congrats, your manuscript is done! If only King Leo could understand why you have had to neglect him a bit.

  6. This was great....
    Do you have 3 birthdays in one week?! Man, that's pretty tough!
    Congrats on finishing your project...can't wait to see the new line of fabric!

  7. Shout, holler, bellow, bark! Hooray for completed manuscript and freshly-showered, fruity tomorrows!

    Congratulations & All My Love,

  8. aahh ! love king leo!
    what a hoot!
    have a great weekend!
    You sure are cute leo!
    tell your humans, to have a great weekend too!

  9. Dear King Leo,
    Thank-you for the most articulate blog entry from a dog I have ever read. With most doggies it's all "woof" this and "bark" that.
    You have a wonderful grasp of the English language, do you speak any others? A little cat? I'm fluent in cat, dog and a smattering of crow.

    Have a nice nap and a dog-tastic week-end!

  10. Awwww -- poor Leo. And happy birthday to the little one! I'm guessing the loud whoop means the book is done! WOOO HOOOO!!! Congrats.

  11. Awww, sweet puppy dog! Hope you have a nice nap Leo. :)

  12. Hi Leo,
    Y'wanna hear somethin' funny? The word verification I have to type below to post this comment is:


    Do canines get irony?

  13. Anonymous7:41 PM

    Love your dog! Would love to babysit him sometime with my two goldens...oh what fun they would have! Good luck with your new fabric line!


  14. Melissa11:32 PM

    That was a really cool post! I really enjoyed reading from your cutie-pie's point of view. I have an old boy that is just like that, don't you wish they could talk? I wonder what he'd say???

  15. Thank you King Leo.
    Good Grief... the whole family is talented and beautiful, right down to the dog! When my human gets out of bed, I'll have to to communicate to her that one of her favorite bloggers is busy and productive... Hopefully my human will get inspired, clean-off her sewing table and get productive too. Time to go. I see a corner of the sofa that needs clawing.
    Chango, the Cat

  16. Thanks for a fun read and chuckle! Have a good nap sweet doggie and take good care of your humans!

  17. Love it!!! Mine is also curious as to why I'm so irratable when she chooses to bath herself at my feet - YUCK!! Otherwise she is TOTALLY loved.

  18. Ahhh Leo your a cutie. You really look like a cool dog.

  19. Forot to say Congrats and I so happy for you. Looking forward to the fabric and the book :)

  20. King Leo is resting until the next adventure. Our Chihuahua's sunbathe. They're not happy that we've got them living in the land of ice and snow. They follow the sun as it moves across the carpet, readjusting as needed to find the best sunbathing spot.

  21. Ha. I guessed "they" went skating when you said they smelled like feet! Thanks for the laugh.

  22. Anonymous8:33 PM

    OK, this was brilliant - sheer genius! That is one incredibly articulate puppy you have there. Lol!
    Give King Leo a little scratch behind the ears - it's good for any puppy, you know.

    Congratulations on finishing your project and surviving some January birthday madness! You seem to make them super fun. Your kiddies - & puppy - are very blessed.


  23. So cute! Our pets know so many of our family secrets!

  24. Hi Anna,

    My name is Jill Melton and I live in Bellingham, Washington. I saw you on Martha Stewart and then started frequenting your blog. You have such great style and your entries are so thoughtful. Keep it up! You inspired me to finally get my blog going and hustling on some projects.

    My friend Christina recently turned into a knitting fanatic and she has a super cute blog I thought you’d enjoy:

    I really like keeping up on what’s in your world. Thanks for all the craftiness!

    Cheers! Jill

  25. I finally had time to read your blog... there's a lot of excitement over there!!! Poor Leo. Ellie feels the same way. It's a dogs life, for sure!

  26. Jen From Windy Ridge10:35 AM

    Love it.

  27. Oh too funny!! Thanks for the laugh! I always wonder what our pets are thinking.