Monday, September 10, 2007

Pinning me down

Wound up, pinned down
I'm rolled up in a pod and not sure how I feel about it. I squinted my eyes shut for about the first two minutes of playing it back after I was recorded, and then decided it would be okay. I think its okay. I almost didn't listen to it, because, you absolutely never sound like what you think you sound like. But maybe I sound like what you think I sound like. If I sound like a big ball of talkity-talkiness, then yes, thats me. Like that ball of fabric strips up there all wound up and pinned together and plopped on the wires of communicado nouveau.
Lori at SewForthNow asked me a while ago to chat with her about my fabric brain and we finally pinned down a time to do so. Thanks Lori! Her blog is essentially a list of program notes that refer to each of her podcast entries. So you can visit her sites to get to the interview or you can click on the new podcast interview link over there on the right under "More of me at" to download the mp3 and have a listen. For the first 10 or so minutes Lori is updating her frequent listeners with her personal progress on a sew along and also provides a little fabric history before she interviews moi. It was fun. Always good to know someone cares.
I do think I said what I think, I think. Anyway, hope you enjoy listening to the ramble of thoughts. I give away a few new fabric collection titles and my book title. And also I mostly talk about my fabric designing process, the mental process and the physical process. I talk about it as though someone wants to know. Hmmm. The nerve! xoAM

20 comments:

  1. I'm listening to you, right now! HEHEheee fun! Thanks for taking the time to do this interview, Anna Maria! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get home and have a listen. Fun stuff Im sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Off to take a listen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DeerDominique12:22 PM

    How cool! I'll take a listen after my fun time in the dentist chair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am someone who wants to know, so thank you for sharing your process with us. BTW your voice sounds as light, enthused, sincere and lovely as I imagined.
    I also wanted to let you know that you are someone I think of for nomination of a Nice Matters Award. You are nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Listening now. I'm so glad you are sharing your thoughts with us. You are an inspiration!
    ~Bari

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun stuff! Off to listen now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh -- new fodder for my ipod! I can't wait to listen, should be good for the car tomorrow on my way to check out a new to me fabric store that SAYS they have some chocolate lollipop in stock...hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anna Maria.....I have awarded you the "Rockin Girl Blogger Award" and you can check it out on my blog:D Now it is your turn to list some blogs that you find interesting and would like to share:D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay Anna Maria, loved the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very Cool! Don't you just love technology?!!!! I am off to listen- I want to hear about the book!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was really neat- I enjoyed hearing your voice and learning more about your experiences. I totally agree on the "favorite project is the one you are about to start!" That is so true! I tend to be scattered and go from project to project and have to stop and make myself focus. "It Seams To Me" that you sound as delightful as you look and I can't wait for your next fabric lines- the anticipation might just kill me! teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just heard your interview, and it was great. You sounded so laid-back and comfortable. You are such an inspiring lady. Can I borrow your life for a day or two? Can't wait to peek at the new lines!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just listened to your podcast and it was great to hear you. I'm really looking forward to the book and will be getting my order in!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have an awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great podcast! I've already listened to it twice, I especially liked the part about your design process. I'm looking forward to your book and new fabrics. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Completely off topic, but I just bought some of those pins shown in the photos the other day!! Except I got the little stars instead of hearts. So CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just listened and I'm so impressed! Great job mama :)

    Nutmeg

    ReplyDelete