Thursday, August 23, 2007

Little lollipop launch



Hey its me and the Chicks! Look what this talented group of designers has been sewing up with Chocolate Lollipop. There are some astonishingly adorable frocks to be had at their ebay auction that just went up this week. Be sure to arrange by the newest items first to see all the Lollipop thingies that are continuing to be be updated.



I am so humbled when I receive emails from readers who tell me how much my fabric has inspired them, or how one of my ideas may have gotten them out of a rut and started sewing again. I really just can't even tell you how wonderful that is. Certainly I make my living doing this, but seeing what you do with my fabrics is payment beyond measure and is actually inspiring to me. More than you realize. Getting paid for something really never tells me I'm doing it right. Watching what happens after it leaves my hands is like dessert.

I really am paying attention to what you make, what you say and what you do with my fabrics. As a designer its not just a joy to see but really interesting to view how some of you are putting together various prints- both my prints or mine with some of my other designer peeps.

As I work on new fabric collections (literally, like I'm procrastinating as we speak on the second of two new lines rolling out in the next 6 months), I am guided a bit sometimes by how you use all this fabric that started out as sketches in my drawing book. Please keep up all the beautiful creating and please keep sharing it with me and your darling loved ones!



I'm glad to know that more of you are sewing and that your children, pets, friends and houseplants are watching you do it. I dare say the world is better for it. Uh-oh, sounds like I'm starting to take this seriously.

xo,AM

(Photo credits from the top:
Lollipop Launch layout designed by Kris
pink pieced top and skirt by Katarina of Flowers*and*Butterflies,
daisy apron dress by Sharon Mirick,
multi-floral pieced jumper by Lori of Belles and Bows)

22 comments:

  1. Wonderful!! It's great to be able to glean from the creativity of another. Such a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've composed a letter to you in my mind all summer. (I'm NOT a stalker!) I fell in love with your fabric and got frustrated trying to find what I wanted in stores.

    I ordered cut fabric from the internet because I finally figured out all I spent in gas equals the shipping fee and I got EXACTLY what I wanted which I could not do in any one store.

    When I feel brave enough (and learn how) to post photos I will....I think. Are you up for seeing a slightly chubby woman of a certain age (like your mom or-gulp-grandma) running around in a blouse of Bohemian Beauty patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorraine, I would love nothing more. I happen to love my mother who has fashioned many an item from Bohemian.
    xo,AM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I snatched up some of your new line also, and I love the extra "funky" its got going on. Thanks for the great designs. With my first piece, I made an apron top and listed it on Etsy. (llyrric is my etsy name if you'd like to see the top) It sold in only a couple of days! Your designs are inspiring. ~jen~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Anna, that is quite an endorsement from miss calamity kim! Who would be your running mate and what would your platform be? You've got to get that campaign going, girl. Your competition's already all over CNN & Fox.

    How far off are the elections?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who is my running mate??? have you not finished reading Calamity's proposal??? You are my running mate, silly! We better start cleaning the skeletons out of our closets now.

    xoxoA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your fabrics!! They rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. two new lines of fabric within the next 6 months? Oh goodie! Please tell me they are as funky and whimsical as Chocolate Lollipop. Please?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chocolate Lolipop is SO sweeeeet! We LOVE it! I'm so excited to hear (read) that you have two new lines coming out- what I can't wait for is you book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary Ann/Ca10:42 PM

    I love your fabric and have been just stuck for months now not willing to cut into the stack! But with fall coming I think I am getting closer...oh and a new grandbaby on the way is also inspiration! Now a question...when you sketch do you use markers or colored pencils? And what kind? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel so...stupid! I have looked and looked everywhere, clicked every link I can find but I can't find a way to BUY your fabric!! I don't understand the fabric store that I found and I just can't find choclate lollypop! I'm wanting to make one of my Snugglebugs out of it (http://www.flutterbygifts.com/snuggle.html) but I can't find it! I'm sorry but...is there any help for me?

    ReplyDelete
  12. such cute clothes!
    i should think about making something for my nephew... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. katarina6:18 AM

    Anna Maria, THANK you so much for your great coolaboration with us for this lauch, as well for writing about that here and for sharing our photos with your readers.
    I'm also looking forward to see your new lines and to create something with them;)

    xoxo,
    Katarina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol! I love that first pic. Look at that hip throw!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish someone would make me a bohemian top out of your fabric... pattern, please?

    I just ordered some fabric squares off of eBay that were cut at 6 1/2 inches, I think. I'm planning on making a bunting out of them.

    You should be so proud and get kudos for at least 10 years for this creation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such cute things. Bravo to you on your designs~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your designs are beautiful! I'm in love with your quilts and fabric- THANKS FOR ALL THE INSPIRATION!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Anna, Hayley here from Happy loves rosie & Fred from Fredsworld - we feel that you are so inspirational to us that we have nominated you for an 'Inspire to be Creative' award because you have inspired us in so many ways, thankyou sooo much, you can pass this award onto 5 people that inspire you if you wish, but its not compulsory. As this is an award and not a chain letter. luv Hayley & Fred xx (please do copy and paste the award onto your site if you wish)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Katarina4:00 AM

    You may check this out, too!!!;)

    http://customboutiquecreations.blogspot.com/2007/08/how-cool-is-that.html

    Katarina

    ReplyDelete
  20. fabricmatcher.com6:50 AM

    These are inspirational ideas to use your fabric in dresses. I must get these ideas into my dress recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, nice post,there are many person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is highly informatics, I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks!Thanks for writing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete