Monday, July 09, 2007

Peeking Out



Hi, it's me. Everyone still here? Yes, this is a close up of a slightly dusty patio plant. We're just living the come-as-you-are mantra over here lately. You know, summer-ish. No plant dusting before photos falls under that category, fyi. I seem to remember some other rule I made about no flowers on the patio, just greenery this year. Oh well, this is a colored leaf not a flower.



And look at the happy home its bursting out of. I don't know what I would call this. I guess a large flower planter fashioned into a table re-fashioned back in to a planter by letting a flower, erhh-plant, grow out of it. All I did was stack any old empty paint can, block, brick, whatever I could find under the plant's container to get it to the same level as the large planter top edges. Like a toddler stacks books, chairs, boxes and toys to reach cookies. Not like a toddler, I filled in the empty space of the planter with plastic grocery bags, then covered the top in moss. I've had this iron thinger-ma-doogin around for a while and it had a center open spot to poke that flower-like plant through.

I don't know what makes me happier...my plant-y table or the simple fact that I took the time to do it. We spend so much time out on this patio that I've been giving it some more gussying lately. It's been nice to throw my sights and attention more on some things and some people over the past few weeks. I like that days are feeling a little slower. A slow day. Whats that? My work hasn't slowed down, but my attitude has, which is helpful. Work (or as I like to call it) has actually been really fun lately. I've had to do less kinda-okay stuff and more really inspiring and creative stuff. I'll share details soon! But you knew that.



You guys said the nicest things when I asked for blog-break permission. Thanks. Did I do that, ask for permission? Kinda felt like it, in a good way. I tend to mother everything and everyone and I didn't want my dear readers to think I'd forgotten them! If I had a dime for every time I thought 'oooo I wanna show them this, or wait'll I tell em that', well I'd have tons of dimes. So here's the first of the "ooo I wanna show 'em" posts. Hope summer is happy where you are today. xoxo,AM

18 comments:

  1. I think summer needs to be more about the "ooooh I want to" than "oh, I have to." Hope you are enjoying every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so lovey and looks like a great place to relax and take it all in. It's nice to slow down once in a while, enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The patio looks very cozy and inviting. And I think what you did with the planter is oh so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love when even just a small part of the summer is spent lounging on the porch, eating meals outside, watching the light change as the day moves, and watching the birdies fly, and the bees buzz, and etc... we so don't slow down anymore... or at least I don't, not enough... love your coloured leaves too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin' yer fun and fresh patio ideas, Anna Maria! (esp, the curtain swag)......and the plant table thing a ma bobber is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely patio! I totally understand the laid back summer time feeling, isn't it wonderful? Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Georgia9:14 PM

    You do sound relaxed and summery,...even if you are super busy.

    It's the middle of winter here, but sunny today, so I am just about to take my girls out to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The patio looks great, an inviting place to sit. It has been raining a lot in the UK this summer so we have been able to sit outside as much as we would like. However, the garden is lush and growing furiously and on the plus side I do like summer rain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the comfy and inviting look that your patio has. I wish we could sit outside and soak in the sun too, but alas, it is winter here. Bring on summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love a patio like that!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. your patio is gorgeous, and i want to kiss your planter-table-thingie. it is so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your patio looks great - I especially love the green chairs.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. no summer where I am - in fact I think about getting the fireplace ready, but maybe summer will come back within the next days?
    maybe, if I show him your pictures?
    I just try... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE how your personality and creative flair show up in every corner of your house! Adorable patio!
    xo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, summer is for relaxing and enjoying. Love your patio spruce up, so inviting and happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. we appreciate that you think of us! :) you deserve a good summer holiday, and enjoy the weather! here in europe it's cold and rainy, so i am a bit jealous of you guys over there... :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very beautiful, i speak a little english but I can say what I like
    Janine

    ReplyDelete