Friday, March 09, 2007

Got dressed



We had such a fun pajama party yesterday! You guys really had me laughing and feeling normal. I think I'm in good company wearing my pjs for most of the work day. Which has made the fact that I got dressed today newsworthy! So I thought I would document my trip to the mailbox with Eleni. It is so sunny and gorgeous that I was inspired to put on my favorite skirt. I do have a small addiction where skirts are concerned. I find that I collect clothes more than I buy them. Again, I am a study in conflict. Free grandpa sleepies and 200$ skirts. Go figure. It's a balance I guess.



Anyway, my slouchy attire antics apparently hasn't scared too many people off. My neighbor Karen left these on my front doorstep this morning. Just cause. I was so busy gabbing on the phone with a client that I couldn't even thank her. Could a girl have a better neighbor? No. Oh my gosh! I passed my own UPS guy on the road this morning driving home from Isabela's pre-K. I wanted to honk and shout, "hey look!! I'm dressed!!!" But I almost swerved off the road, laughing at myself just thinking about it, and thinking about telling you. He wouldn't have recognized me anyway.



So Eleni and I had a nice slow walk in the sunshine. I am absolutely not an example to her in the shoe wearing category either. But I have a bazillion smart pairs. Of course.

xo,AM

11 comments:

  1. OK, all of you need to know that Anna Maria did NOT get either her penchant for: 1)staying in her PJs all day or 2)her $200 skirts from her mother! But then she didn't get her wonderful sense of knowing how to put together all things beautiful from me either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna-M, lots of fun reading your blog. I've got as thing abt skirts too- I love making them, but never wear them - I always have nice ones just to look at... I had decided to actually wear them this year, but hey! I've bought a bicycle, ( the muddy-off-road kind) so that won't be practical either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heyyyy! I have a skirt obsession, too! Thats a cute (skirt) one with your darling leopard flats.....i have a gazillion leopard prints in my closet as well!!!!!!!!! What a precious shadow portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the pajama party was great fun! thanks for the good times! ;)

    adorable skirt too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaahhh...you make me laugh! Hope you and Eleni enjoyed your walk. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shoes...I actually have the exact same pair! I loved them so much I even blogged about them...

    http://americangirlalways.blogspot.com/2007/01/mondays-are-for-birds.html

    Love your blog...and skirts are so fun and girly, it's almost that season...I'm getting excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still lurking quite often...I've had such a good time reading your blog, I thought I should tell you so. You inspire me so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. See? I told you I couldn't stop reading your blog. I did take a short break to get my work done (mostly). This cracked me up. I have actually told my neighbors, "I got dressed yesterday. Sorry you missed it."

    ReplyDelete