Thursday, December 21, 2006

That's a wrap folks!

Can you hear that? It's the twittering of little partridges in my head. Singing a chorus of rest, relaxation and merry-making. They started when Jeff called to tell me he has tomorrow off. Ahhhh. Off. All of us here together.

The studio is officially not a studio for the next week or two. It is a giftwrapping mecca today. Who knows what it will be tomorrow.

Thought you may want to see some of the ideas we've come up with this year for extra cute packages. There are so many beautiful things you can do, of course. Seeing as how it's the 21st though ....not a ton of time on the hands. But I'm guessing that, like me, you've definitely got some fabric and leftover felt on your hands, from all the other fun projects. Hmmm. Here's some simple no sew fun to top your goodies.

The first and most obvious, let's rip strips of fabric and use in place of ribbon. More cozy, right? Oh, and kids love to rip! Just give the fabirc a little snip with the shears and let it rip!

On others we fanfolded a rectangle of additional fabric and tied into the bow. I think this is my favorite.

A simple paper snowflake laced down with a remnant trim made this little lovely. Okay, wait, I think this is my favorite. Especially on a blue box. We go paper snowflake mad around here at Christmas time. I'll share our snow scene once the blizzard in the playroom is complete. I love it because there is no hurry to take down the snowflakes after Christmas, they can be piled up with hearts in February and not be out of date.

And these little blossoms are just two layers of cut felt with pig-snout slits cut into them. I strung a double strand of yarn through them like a button and tied a bow. Then I seperated the strands of yarn on the sides of the box and taped them down in back to secure. So it's a three-way tie for my favorite actually.

Hope that gives you some good ideas if you're a lookin.

Back to it. I'm really hoping to give you a baklava present tomorrow, we'll see how the day off goes. Hopefully nice and slow. If you don't get it, maybe it will be your New Year's gift.



  1. Thank you so much for the giftwrapping ideas! I am forever frustrated by "regular" ribbon and have switched to cloth ribbon, but I think I like the torn fabric and felt/yarn idea even better - almost impossible not to get a decent looking bow with the fabric I bet. Thank you again for this and all your holiday/decorating ideas. I've really enjoyed them. Have a nice day tomorrow.

  2. leslie2:02 PM

    Love the wrapping ideas! My children will LOVE to rip!! Thanks a million for the ideas!

  3. Great ideas Anna - I still haven't wrapped my gifts - so you have given me some good ideas! Can't wait to see the snowflake playroom!

  4. Anonymous3:02 PM

    Ok, after seeing your precious gift wrapping I want to unwrap all my gifty's and start all over! Your ideas are too pretty to open!

    Irene :0)

  5. Thanks for the inspiration. I love the felt flowers with pig-snout slits!

  6. You can find printable Christmas wrapping paper at Paper Snowflakes for Children

  7. Pig-snout slits. You use descriptions like I do. I love that. You are a refreshing and fun read every time. Add to that super talented and absolutely beautiful.
    Merry Christmas to all of you and yours