Thursday, December 14, 2006

Tag I'm it

Alright. Let's pretend for a minute that this blog isn't at all narcissistic. Let's pretend that no blogs are narcissistic and that this here post is just an exception. Let's chalk it up to a long week of product development, Christmas gift making, homework, shopping, laundry, and every member of the family taking their turn at an illness that varies from highfever * throwingup * headache to midgradefever * exhausted * coughing uncontrollably. Well everyone but me, someone has to wash all those sheets, towels, matresses and eveything else that the you know what gets on.

On with the prettier images.

Yes, I know this has nothing to do with the month of December or cozy holiday imagery. Nothing in product design is ever time appropriate. But I just approved my final samples of some summer table linen collections I designed for Peking Handicraft. I am so excited. The linens are great, certainly, four collections in all. But the real excitement you ask? I've been tagged! As in little hangtags that will go on every little last of the thousands of products. So exciting.

When I was a girl, I had a bulletin board filled with a collection of tags from all my favorite clothing labels, Esprit, Betsey Johnson, Op, Benetton. While I don't think there are any housewives out there who will be collecting my tag as part of their cool home decor product tags collection....I'll be saving an extra one or two for myself. Let the teasing ensue, but yay me anyway.

So this is today's little 2x2 glossy folding hole-punched material clue that I am getting somewhere this week. Getting everyone healthy will be quite an accomplishment too. Next I will post something completely not about me. Ha. As if. Who are we kidding?

Give yourself a pat on the back today for something little, you deserve it.



  1. You go ahead and toot your horn--you deserve it! Love the little cupcakes, and that really is exciting to have your own tag!

    (I don't ever think you're narcissistic--I just love seeing what you're working on!)

  2. Congratulations! How satisfying. :)

  3. What beautiful table linens! I love seeing all your creations! BTW, I'd collect your tag!

  4. Congratulations on being tagged! What a great feeling that must be .... not to mention that it's a very beautiful tag to boot. And the table linens are great .. perfect for birthdays!

  5. Here's a big pat on your back from me! This is really exciting for you so why not toot your own horn. I'm loving seeing how your design process comes together. I think when we go to the stores, we take for granted that items DON'T magically just appear on the shelves, and we don't give enough thought to how every big and little thing comes to be, from A to Z. At least, that's my opinion.

    Great job!


  6. Laurie11:20 AM

    Yay!!!! How wonderful, Anna Maria! I'm soooo happy for you! You amaze me!!! Can't wait to pick some up at the local boutique shops!!!!! Three cheers....and one more cheer to get your kiddos up and well before christmas! And fingers crossed you don't get it! We've had our month long turn. ;P
    Happy day to you!

  7. Awe, thanks guys!! It really is the little things. And yes Lucy- it is amazing what goes into the smallest details that we never see, here's your window in to those details!
    Thanks Laurie for the well wishes, I was thinking the same thing...that hopefully all will be well for Christmas, God-willing!

  8. Congrats Anna! Who says you won't be collected? I just might pin one of your tags up on my board for inspiration. ;o) I love all of the creative things you're always making and posting about.


  9. cooooool! Congratulations. And yes, it's Holiday time which means "sick" time for everyone. Hope you all get well soon.

  10. Oh, I was a tag collector too, still am actually. I would be thrilled too to have my own tag! Congratulations!

  11. Now I have to ask...which is more exciting....your own little tag or your name on the selvage of the fabric??? I'm guessing they both rate high on your list. Sometimes it's the little things (which aren't really little in the big scheme of things)that are signs of achievement. Congratulations Anna Maria. Be very proud of your tag!

  12. di.......hhmmm good question. I feel sad for throwing away the selvage when I'm cutting, silly for saving it and completely conceited when its included in the item I'm sewing...such a mixed bag of emotions.
    :) AM

  13. i just found your blog about a week ago and have been loving your crafy, beautiful ideas. i'm working on the little circle garland right now. i had no idea you were also famous! congratulations. that is so exciting.

  14. alisa benay10:17 AM

    Go ahead and puff your chest out just a bit! It's always such an exciting thing when your professional life steps up just one tiny notch.

    Hope the kids are better soon. It's the puking days when you stop and look around the room and think to yourself "could someone else be the mom today?...or at least could we hire a maid?"

  15. I'd say a big "YAY YOU!!" That is so, so cool. And I'll save your tag as soon as I get my hands on some of those adorable cupcake linens. Fabulous!

  16. I love those linens. They are really cute!

  17. Anna Maria,
    That's wonderful! I've so enjoyed reading your blog lately. Thanks so much for giving us insight into your life.
    P.S. I don't think it's narcissitic at all; I think it's an incredible gift and great honor when we share something of ourselves with others.

  18. WOWEE! Now that is a whole LOTTA cool AM! Can't wait to grab a tag for my own collection ;-) Love your stuff.