Friday, September 29, 2006

Note to self, win money

Oh my goodness gravy I have never done this but I am least I better, because out of the past 8 months of eligible entry time, I have waited until the absolutely no later than postmark deadline of today, September 29, 2006, to enter a BHG's remodel contest. I've had the form filled out for about a week and the photos taken for about 5 days. My printer ran out of ink while I was trying to put it all together the other day and I almost cried.

But alas, I will survive, oh as long as I know how to print I know I'll stay alive. Sorry.

What category you ask??? Out of twenty categories I am doing the Kithcen Remodel Over $15,000 category. I'm not going to say at this point just how much over because I'm in a really good mood today (starbucks soy cafe mocha no whip on the table). However I would like to consult with the people who enter the Kitchen Remodel Under $15,000 and find out how they did it.

Because I have always been a before and after picture fanatic (my sister and I would always pour over my mom's Good Housekeeping magazine for the best makeover, using all Avon ofcourse) I am going to leave you this weekend with a before picture and let you use your imagination on how I might have improved this space. Promise I will unroll the afters soon, as well as share the ins and outs of gutting and remodeling a kitchen over the holiday and winter months with five children, a husband, a dog and holiday guests to cook for........of course you'll see the official after pictures featured in Better Homes & Garden since I will be winning the $25,000 grand prize and all. I actually do have to win, because it was part of my remodel financing plan to do so.

I know that with just one glance it seems inconceivable that I would even want to change anything about the glory of mauve and teal pineapples above, but they didn't match my dishes. Truth be known, I would spend several minutes sometimes just staring at the wallpaper and daydreaming about an Urban Outfitters photoshoot in front of it.......I would picture like a really hungry looking platinum blonde 15 yr old standing in front of it looking confused wearing a palm leaf print floor length dress with some brown and grey striped wool arm-warmers, shoulder length plastic pink earrings........I'm telling you it could have worked. But then my eye would catch a glimpse of how my own extremely sarcastic 14 yr old, Juliana, had irreverently graffitied a thought cloud above one the pineapples that read "hello world I'm a dingy pineapple". Gosh I wish I had saved that piece of drywall.

Cross your fingers for me, I have to wait until MAY to find out! ISH! Thats a long time, I'll be winining in my heart between now and then.



  1. Anonymous12:24 PM

    You know, I really do miss those dingy pineapples... I KNOW!!! Why don't you create some pineapple art? You know you've got to now!

    secret admirer

  2. You are too funny. I've always wanted to win a contest. When I lived in Hollywood, I totally followed the "A (VW) Bug a Day in the Month of May" Giveaway on the radio, religiously. I just knew that I was going to win one because I needed a car soOoOo badly. I even set my alarm so I'd be up to listen for my name.

    I should have stayed asleep... better luck to you!

  3. Many people in this life deny their freedom. They sit back in their misery and blame it on their parents, or their childhood Buy RIFT platinum,
    cheap RIFT gold their health, or their financial problems. They never once stand up and take responsibility for their own lives and their own happiness Rift Platinum Sale.

  4. When you're down, and the world seems dark and empty, your forever friend lifts you up in spirits and makes that dark and empty world suddenly seem bright and full Diablo iii Gold Sale, this is Forever Friendship Diablo III Gold, someone who convinces you that there really is an unlocked door just waiting for you to open it Diablo 3 Gold.

  5. One meets its destiny on the road he takes to avoid it Cheap C9 Gold, If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put Y and I together c9 gold, People who are serious about the relation are moody as they have devoted a lot that makes them worry about gains and losses c9 online gold.